The Church of St John the Evangelist
The Church has its own website:
The church of St. John the Evangelist built in 1876 at the expense of William Lawson Esquire of Longhirst Hall to the designs of Sir Arthur Blomfield. Chancel screen carved by the Reverend Proctor (1885-1916) and his parishioners. The Lychgate was built in 1885. (For further views and some history see pegswoodahistory)
Vicar and Churchwardens
The vicar is the Reverend John Park (01670 510793), who combines the parish of Longhirst with that of Bothal and Pegswood.
The Churchwardens are: Mike Elphick
The Church Secretary is: Dorothy Launchbury
Regular combined Holy Communion services are held in St. John's Longhirst on the 1st and 3rd Sunday and at St. Andrew's Bothal on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, all at 9.30am. On the occasional 5th Sunday there is a combined service at St. Margaret's Pegswood. There are the occasional Family Service at Longhirst, and occasional Home Communion in Longhirst Village. See the church website for up to date listings