Acerca de

Village Hall.-PC.jpeg
Longhirst Village Hall

Facilities - The Village Hall is well equipped with efficient heating and lighting, disabled access, and disabled toilets. It has a fully equipped kitchen including cooking, dishwashing, coffee-making, and a boiling-water dispenser. It has a full-size but not full height badminton court, projector screen, hearing-loop sound system, and Wifi. There is some off-road parking available both in front of and behind the hall for users of the premises

History - Longhirst Village Hall was built by the Lawson family in 1847, as a reading room for the village. It then became the first school building in the village and much later, it became the St. John’s Church Hall. In 2002 it was leased by the Church, for a period of 99 years, to a new secular charity, The Longhirst Parish Association, set up for the purpose of refurbishing, developing, and maintaining the Hall for the benefit of the whole community


Longhirst Village Hall is a Grade II listed building. Click the link for information about the Hall and other listed buildings in the village:

 

 

Trustees - The Village Hall is administered by a registered charity called the Longhirst Parish Association (LPA). Four Trustees are elected by the annual general meeting of the Association, and others are nominated by interested groups in the civil parish such as the Garden Association (see Activities). Currently the officers of the LPA are: 


Chairperson- Margaret Lediard

Secretary- Mike Elphick

Treasurer- Linda Rudd